ABA LC/ GABA CS Picnic 2020!
ABA Learning Centre and FAWKES/GABA CS has organised our yearly family picnic for our kids and their families.
- Date: June 13, 2020.
- Time: 11:00am – 2:00pm
- Location: Confederation Park (Site # 2) – 250 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5G 4H7.
- What to Bring: We ask that each family brings a small dish (appetizers or desserts) that is NUT FREE with a list of ingredients contained in each dish(es) they bring. This is done in an effort to care for those with food allergies and or special dietary restrictions. (We always get a lot of food at this event, so it is not necessary for families to bring a large amount of food). ABA LC and GABA CS will be supplying hot dogs and hamburgers (there will be a veggie option) condiments and other sources of deliciousness. There will be games, bouncy castle, Piñatas and special guests
- There will also be a 50/50 draw and raffle tickets will be sold for prizes and gift baskets.
Please RSVP to Karl McGloughlin @ email@example.com (604-232-4122) and let him know how many of you and your loved ones will be attending.!
We are looking for parent volunteers for the event and ask you to please spread the word to any other organizations and individuals you can think of for donations.
ESDM CERTIFIED THERAPIST
We are pleased to announce that we have one Behaviour Consultants(BCBA) who are certified ESDM therapists.
Sara Shababi Shad – Accepting new clients in White Rock and South Surrey.
Please view her profiles here
The Early Start Denver Model is an evidence-based, comprehensive, play-based approach to teaching toddlers and preschoolers with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ESDM uses play to increase children’s interest in activities and people and improves their language and communication skills and self-expression. The focus is on communication, relationship skills and play.
The ESDM curriculum defines the skills to be taught at any given time and indicates a set of teaching procedures used to deliver this content. The early intervention program integrates a relationship-focused developmental model with the well-validated teaching practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). The core features include:
- Naturalistic applied behavioral analytic strategies
- Sensitive to normal developmental sequence
- Deep parental involvement
- Focus on interpersonal exchange and positive affect
- Shared engagement with joint activities
- Language and communication taught inside a positive, affect-based relationship.
ESDM certified therapists complete a training workshop and then submit videotapes showing them using ESDM techniques in therapy sessions. Certification requires that the therapist demonstrates the ability to implement ESDM techniques reliably and according to high standards set by leading ESDM therapists. This ensures that a certified professional has the knowledge and skills to successfully use the teaching strategies with children with autism
ASD Summer Jamboree Program 2020!
Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for children on the Autism spectrum to gain experiences and engage in opportunities in a wide range of social and community skills. Certified BCBA’s/BCaBA’s run the program and all other program leaders have extensive experience in ABA, Verbal Behaviour and working with children with Autism.
For more information on the program please visit our website page ASD Summer Jamboree
TEACH ME TO BE SOCIAL! For Ages 4 to 6
This 9-week social group is aimed at teaching introductory social skills to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Curriculum is based in part on work by Michelle Garcia Winner (Social Thinking). The program is run by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and includes parent involvement sessions.
For more information please visit our website page for Teach Me To Be Social!
PEERS FOR TEENS Grades 7 – 12
PEERS (Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills) is a 14-week social skills program that teaches middle and high school students, with high functioning autism or Asperger’s Syndrome, to make and keep friends.
Starts in February 2019! For more information please visit our website page for Peers For Teens