FUNDRAISING FUN FAIR 2019!
We are putting on a fundraiser! Please come and celebrate ABA Learning Centre’s 15-year anniversary while helping us raise money to expand our centres and keep costs manageable for you, our families.
When: Saturday, June 8th, 2019
Where: Glenbrook Park Amenities Centre, New Westminster
Time: 11am to 3pm
- Adults and Children – $10
- Family Group Discount – Families of 4 or more receive $5 dollars off the total group cost (e.g. for a family of 4 the cost would be $35 instead of $40)
- Children 2 years or younger – FREE
(one pack of activity tickets will be provided upon entrance with additional tickets for activities having an additional charge)
What can you expect at the event?
- Loads of fun & laughter!!! It is a FUN fair after all!
- Door Prizes – Winners will be picked at random at the door and given their prize! J
- FUN personalities! Batman’s making a visit (and several other guests)!
- Approximately 20 booths of carnival games
- Concession Stands/Food Vendors – Hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn, & more!
- Group games for children
- Fun Contests
- A 50-50 and a silent auction with great prizes!
We will have fun activities for kids of all ages so please come and support our event!
We are looking for parent volunteers for the event and ask you to please spread the word to any other organizations and individuals you can think of for donations.
To RSVP and purchase your tickets: Please contact 604.232.4122 or email email@example.com (donation inquiries can also be sent to the same contact number and email).
ESDM CERTIFIED THERAPIST
We are pleased to announce that we have two Behaviour Consultants(BCBA) who are certified ESDM therapists.
Sara Shababi Shad – Accepting new clients
Joanna Chinn – On leave
Please view their profiles here
The Early Start Denver Model is an evidence-based, comprehensive, play-based approach to teaching toddlers and preschoolers with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ESDM uses play to increase children’s interest in activities and people and improves their language and communication skills and self-expression. The focus is on communication, relationship skills and play.
The ESDM curriculum defines the skills to be taught at any given time and indicates a set of teaching procedures used to deliver this content. The early intervention program integrates a relationship-focused developmental model with the well-validated teaching practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). The core features include:
- Naturalistic applied behavioral analytic strategies
- Sensitive to normal developmental sequence
- Deep parental involvement
- Focus on interpersonal exchange and positive affect
- Shared engagement with joint activities
- Language and communication taught inside a positive, affect-based relationship.
ESDM certified therapists complete a training workshop and then submit videotapes showing them using ESDM techniques in therapy sessions. Certification requires that the therapist demonstrates the ability to implement ESDM techniques reliably and according to high standards set by leading ESDM therapists. This ensures that a certified professional has the knowledge and skills to successfully use the teaching strategies with children with autism
ASD Summer Jamboree Program 2019!
Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for children on the Autism spectrum to gain experiences and engage in opportunities in a wide range of social and community skills. Certified BCBA’s/BCaBA’s run the program and all other program leaders have extensive experience in ABA, Verbal Behaviour and working with children with Autism.
For more information on the program please visit our website page ASD Summer Jamboree
TEACH ME TO BE SOCIAL! For Ages 4 to 6
This 9-week social group is aimed at teaching introductory social skills to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Curriculum is based in part on work by Michelle Garcia Winner (Social Thinking). The program is run by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and includes parent involvement sessions.
For more information please visit our website page for Teach Me To Be Social!
PEERS FOR TEENS Grades 7 – 12
PEERS (Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills) is a 14-week social skills program that teaches middle and high school students, with high functioning autism or Asperger’s Syndrome, to make and keep friends.
Starts in February 2019! For more information please visit our website page for Peers For Teens