A Centre-Based Intervention Program will begin with an initial assessment of your child with your Program Manager; this will include a parent interview, the assessment process and then a review of the assessment report.
In your report you will get a Behavior Plan of Intervention and a graph displaying your child’s current abilities. You will have 2 options for the Centre-Based Program; We have morning and afternoon classes. In consultation with your Program Manager, you will choose the best placement for your child.
Our centre based program is a pre-kindergarten program for children aged 3-6 years old. Children aged 6-19 are able to enroll in our independent school Fawkes Academy.
After your child begins in the centre based program you can expect the following:
- 15 hours per week for a group program (2:3 ratio), if child meets prerequisite skills for group program.
- 10 hours per week for 1:1 program.
- Each child receives 4 hours of PM support per month and an SPS may be involved as well.
- Your child will be placed in a group with 2 other students that possess similar skills and with 2 Behavior Interventionists who will be their primary teachers
- 1 hour parent meeting every other month and home visits available upon request.
- Progress graph is updated annually.