A Centre-Based Intervention Program will begin with an initial assessment of your child with your Program Manager; this will include a parent interview, the assessment process and then a review of the assessment report.
In your report you will get a Behavior Plan of Intervention and a graph displaying your child’s current abilities. You will have 2 options for the Centre-Based Program; We have morning and afternoon classes. In consultation with your Program Manager, you will choose the best placement for your child.
After your child begins in the centre based program you can expect the following:
- 15 hours per week for a group program (2:3 ratio), if child meets prerequisite skills for group program.
- 10 hours per week for 1:1 program.
- Each child receives 4 hours of PM support per month and an SPS may be involved as well.
- Your child will be placed in a group with 2 other students that possess similar skills and with 2 Behavior Interventionists who will be their primary teachers
- 1 hour parent meeting every other month and home visits available upon request.
- Progress graph is updated annually.