**WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR NEXT ROUND IN SPRING 2020**
- AGES: 4 to 6 years
- DATE: Saturday March 21st to June 27th, 2020 No session on April 11, May 16 and June 13, 2020
- Includes Two Parents only Sessions: March 21st and June 27, 2020
- TIME: Children attend: 10:00am- 12:00pm Parents attend: 11:30am-12:00pm
- LOCATION: #103-4181 Hastings Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 2J3
- COST: $1,250.00 for the 10 week program
This social group is aimed at teaching introductory social skills to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Curriculum is based in part on work by Michelle Garcia Winner (Social Thinking) and will cover topics including:
- Learning How to be a Friend
- Following a Group Plan
- Teaching Eye Gaze through Social Thinking
- Recognizing Emotions
- Practicing Relaxation Skills
- Turn Taking and Being a Good Sport
- Initiating Conversation
- Understanding Personal Space
Pre-requisite skills for this program include an ability to communicate verbally using simple sentences, and to participate in a group program without challenging behaviour that would require individual adult support.
To find out more information or to schedule an intake meeting, email Sara Shababi firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office: 604-232-4122.