ASD SUMMER JAMBOREE 2022
Camp Hours: 9am – 4pm
Camp drop off/pick up Location: #103-4181 Hastings Street, Burnaby BC, V5C 2J3
Weekly Cost: $390
Child Participants Age: 6 – 13 years old
The Ratio for our program is MAXIMUM 4 kids:1 staff
Available Days in 2022 (Tuesday to Thursday):
July 12- 14, July 19 – 21 and July 26 – 28
August 2 – 4, August 9 – 11 and August 16 – 18
Registration is now open for Summer 2022
This is an amazing opportunity for Children on the spectrum to gain experiences and engage in opportunities in a wide range of Social and Community skills. The Camp is run by Behaviour Consultants and all camp leaders have extensive experience in ABA, Verbal Behaviour and working with children with Autism. Children get to attend various wonderful activities that our city has to offer such as the Vancouver Aquarium, Science World, Playland, etc. We use public transit to make our way throughout the city and the children get to practice social and community skills to, from and during our daily activities.
Parents and caregivers please provide the children with lunches and snacks for each day of the program.
Skills targeted during a day of camp:
- Conversations – both initiating and maintaining conversation on both preferred and non-preferred topics
- Referencing and Joint Attention
- Team decisions and how to work in a team
- Body language and facial expressions and how to read others
- Fine motor and gross motor skill
Prerequisite skills for camp:
- Child is toilet trained
- Child has independent dressing skills (including swimwear)
- Child can participate in a conversation
- Child can tolerate crowds
- Child can wait appropriately for at least 10 minutes
- No significant problem behaviours or safety concerns (bolting/flight risk/aggressive verbal or physical behaviour/self harming behaviour).
- Please note that we cannot accept children that require 1 to 1 support
***This is not a behaviour intervention program, as its main focus is social skills development and fun. Group placement is determined by clinicians at the intake appointment and acceptance into the program is not guaranteed.
For more information please contact Joseph Carpenter at email@example.com or Call 604-232-4122.
***The pre-interview is for new families to ensure the child is a good fit for the camp ***