ASD SUMMER JAMBOREE 2019
Camp Hours: 9am – 4pm
Camp Location: Gray’s Park: 4850 St Catherines St, Vancouver, BC V5V 4M7
Weekly Cost: $360.00 (must pay for the entire week selected) **Free Pre-Interview**
We are happy to accept neurotypical siblings at $150 (for the week)
Child Participants Age:We are pleased to announce we will be offering two age ranged camps this summer.
Ages 6 – 10 years old
Ages 11 – 14 years old
The Ratio for our program is 4 kids:1 staff
Available Weeks (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays):
July 9 – 11, 16 – 18 and 23 – 25
August 6 – 8, 13 -15 and 20 -22
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019
Another year has passed and it’s time to sign up for another summer of fun! Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for children on the Autism spectrum to gain experiences and engage in opportunities in a wide range of social and community skills. Certified BCBA’s/BCaBA’s run the program and all other program leaders have extensive experience in ABA, Verbal Behaviour and working with children with Autism. Children get to attend a variety of social based and group based activities such as the Vancouver Aquarium, UBC Canopy Walk, Science World, Playland, and many more. We teach functional living skills including using public transit to navigate to, and back from, our destinations. Parents and caregivers please provide the children with lunches and snacks for each day of the program.
Skills targeted during a day of camp:
- Conversations – both initiating and maintaining conversation on both preferred and non-preferred topics
- Referencing and Joint Attention
- Team decisions and how to work in a team
- Body language and facial expressions and how to read others
- Fine motor and gross motor skill
Prerequisite skills for camp:
- Child is toilet trained
- Child has independent dressing skills (including swimwear)
- Child can participate in a conversation
- Child can tolerate crowds
- Child can wait appropriately for at least 10 minutes
- No significant problem behaviours or safety concerns (bolting/flight risk/aggressive verbal or physical behaviour/self harming behaviour).
- Please note that we cannot accept children that require 1 to 1 support
***This is not a behaviour intervention program as its main focus is social skills development and fun. Group placement is determined by clinicians at the intake appointment and acceptance into the program is not guaranteed.
For more information please contact Joseph Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 604-232-4122
***The pre-interview is for new families to ensure the child is a good fit for the camp ***
****We also welcome siblings and other neurotypical friends into our program to facilitate social interaction for $150 per week****