- AGES: Grades 2 – 6
- DATE: September 12th to December 5, 2017 (12 Weeks)
- TIME: 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM (note the final session is extended half an hour)
- LOCATION: 1110-6900 Graybar Road, Richmond, BC, V6W 0A5
- COST: $1200
AN EVIDENCE-BASED SOCIAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAM | CONCURRENT PARENT AND CHILD SESSIONS
Children’s Friendship Training is a social skills program for children in Grades 2 – 6, who have a hard time developing and maintaining friendships. This program sets itself apart from other social programs by including and empowering parents through the teaching process. During 1-hour sessions, it covers topics that will help children make and keep friends by teaching concrete skills with specific steps.
Skills taught include:
- Conversational skills like “slipping in”
- Being a good sport
- Being a play date host
- Making a best friend
- Taking “no” for an answer
- Resisting teasing
- During concurrent sessions, parents are taught to be effective social coaches for their children, so these skills can be encouraged well beyond the 11-week program.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?!
Join us for our OPEN HOUSE to learn more about the programs. Bring your child along. There will be food, games, and a short presentation about our program!
Open House : Tuesday August 1 at 6:30pm
Location:1110-6900 Graybar Road, Richmond BC, V6W 0A5
If you are interested and would like to start the intake process, please fill out our online questionnaire:
To find out more information or to schedule an intake meeting, contact Joseph Carpenter, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.