- AGES: Grades 2 – 6
- DATE: Accepting applications for fall 2018 session
- TIME: 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM (note the final session is extended half an hour)
- LOCATION: #103-4181 Hastings Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 2J3
- COST: $1200
AN EVIDENCE-BASED SOCIAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAM | CONCURRENT PARENT AND CHILD SESSIONS
Children’s Friendship Training is a social skills program for children in Grades 2 – 6, who have a hard time developing and maintaining friendships. This program sets itself apart from other social programs by including and empowering parents through the teaching process. During 1-hour sessions, it covers topics that will help children make and keep friends by teaching concrete skills with specific steps.
Skills taught include:
- Conversational skills like “slipping in”
- Being a good sport
- Being a play date host
- Making a best friend
- Taking “no” for an answer
- Resisting teasing
- During concurrent sessions, parents are taught to be effective social coaches for their children, so these skills can be encouraged well beyond the 11-week program.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?!
Join us for our OPEN HOUSE to learn more about the programs. Bring your child along. There will be food, games, and a short presentation about our program!
Open House : Tuesday January 30th at 6:30pm
Location:#103-4181 Hastings Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 2J3
If you are interested and would like to start the intake process, please fill out our online questionnaire:
***This is not a behaviour intervention program, as its main focus is social skills development. Group placement is determined by clinicians at the intake appointment. Acceptance into the program is not guaranteed.
To find out more information or to schedule an intake meeting, contact Joseph Carpenter, Office Manager at email@example.com.